Tuesday 19 August 2014

Skirting Around.

I have to make a dress grey skirt but before I start I thought I would do a couple of trail runs. The pattern is my own with the waist band from New Look 6017. No pockets with a back zip. Fully lined.  The  black/grey mixture fabric is a denim with spandex (The colour shown not very good). For flash, the lining is bright red! I did cut it on the bias to give it some ease as I sit.


On the second one I was able to smooth out the hip/waist line. Just a little tuck about 3/4".  This the same pattern in a taupe/cream mix. Bias cut lining which you can see I went over the top. Something that was hiding in my stash for many years. I will use any fabric that is slippery as lining.  First time around this giraffe print fabric lined a Traveling Jacket, one that had lots of hidden pockets and zips.
  
I know now that  I only need .75 mt x 130cm for a straight skirt for myself.  No more leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. I will vouch that they are much more flattering on you than on Rosie lol. I love the linings, expecially with that lacy detail at the bottom.

    That is great that you can now shop knowing precisely how much fabric you need. I am also beginning to dread leftovers, because you always feel obligated to "do" something with them. Or they are clutter. Neither one is a good scenario, but throw them out and you immediately think of a need for them lol.

    ReplyDelete