Sunday 10 August 2014

Mustard Tee 2

This a mustard coloured tee I made a few weeks ago.  Looked good on Rosie but I was not too happy when after I had worn it once.  So I decided to change a couple of things.
It was too plain and it felt more like  a Fall colour.  So I took it all apart and made this one.
I had a small amount of a crimped woven fabric which I pressed out the crimping. The colours matched really well. I was able to cut it out on an approx  20%  bias which went well around the neck line.  The sleeves were a bit more of a challenge but I did manage it in the end.The sleeves end at the elbow and after the 3rd attempt, the  sleeve now  moves easily when I bend my arm.  I not totally happy with the sleeve and front .  It looks great on Rosie but I put it on, I get some wrinkles where the sleeve meets the front .  I think I need to adjust the armsycle on the front and reduce it.  Now I will have to make  a skirt to go with the Fall colour.  Fabric store here I come!

1 comment:

  1. That really is a good match. Don't you love an excuse to hit the fabric store! I think they said last week that the new fabrics are coming in this week, so hopefully you get a good selection to choose from.

    ReplyDelete