Tuesday 14 October 2014

Top for a skirt.


 
After a weekend away, I needed a little time in the sewing room.  I had started this top last week but after the first fitting, it needed some adjustments.  It's funny, I used the same pattern as the grey top, but this one turned out larger.  I had to reset the sleeves and then I nipped in the sides. The whole binding on the neck had to be re done as it didn't lay flat, it gaped.  I took out about 4" of trim!  I  had watched video from Threads.
which had given me a better idea as to how I should measure my neckline. It worked very well.  I have used the double needle to do the top stitching on the sleeves, neck and bottom hems.  I now have one top that can be worn with this rust skirt.  It has been so hard to find something suitable.
Black makes me look so colourless.  

 Eyebrows

Smiles





This is something that is in my stash.  It is a jersey knit, like the grey one. I'm liking the angle drape best.  Not so sure about eyebrows or smiles. Sleeves will be a challenge they will have to match. Time to play tomorrow.
 
  





No comments:

Post a Comment