Wednesday 29 October 2014

Another skirt and top

This is the first skirt I have made in a knit.  It is a slub Pointe, 86 % polyester. 10 % rayon and 4% spandex,. It is not a solid black, there is a hint of texture, I expect that comes from the rayon.  It is lined with a stretch knit lining, very simple this time, though I did add black lace to the hem.  I had to put in a regular zip as I was unable to get a  invisible. black one.  This is the forth time I have used this skirt pattern and I am getting more confident every time.

The top is my basic T. I did lengthen the sleeves to a full 3/4. Yes, I had to spend time laying out the pattern. I'm also getting better with the neck binding. I used the double needle to top stitch around to hold in place.  As 'they' say practice makes perfect., I also used the double needle to finish the sleeve and top hems. I did use fusible interfacing to add stability and to prevent it stretchering.  Get to wear it tomorrow
.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You've done a wonderful job laying out that fabric. I'm stealing your idea to use a lace border on the lining - scathingly brilliant!

    ReplyDelete