Monday 21 July 2014

Getting started again.

Something small to get my feet wet.
I spent the long winter feeding the birds.  This was the first time I have ever taken the time to do this and it was most rewarding. Of course the squirrels were also beneficiary's of my full feeders. The summer results of their dropped seeds is a wonderful display of sunflowers. This was the first one that bloomed a few weeks ago but there are several more to take its place. Knowing how tall sunflowers can grow I am not surprised to have one that has to be over 6' high. It will be interesting to see if the birds like their food straight from the source. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty picture! Wonder what the odds are of you being ready with the camera if a bird comes to eat from the sunflowers? So glad to see you back in blogsville! :)

    ReplyDelete